Tag: Pablo Rosalez
Last night, we attended Una Noche de la Gloria (“La Gloria”), in the heart of San Antonio’s (San Anto) Westside community. The event took place in the Guadalupe Cultural Arts District. It was amazing.
La Gloria is the brainchild of a good friend of mine – Gabriel Quintero Velasquez. My friend, or figuratively speaking, my brother, Gabe, is a man of vision. He envisioned a cultural event which promotes the Arts and gives potential buyers an opportunity to see vendors and artists in one place. This is not an actual festival, but instead an artisans alley with Music, Fashion, Sculptures, Show-cars and Artists.
La Gloria is defined as Contemporary Art in the Cultural Zone and was created for artists, giving San Antonio’s most creative Latino and cultural minds and performing artists a venue.
La Gloria was phenomenal and the turnout was good. We were blessed to see the following: Apocalyptic Couture by Pablo Rosales (Fashion and hairshow followed by a professional photo shoot); Music by the Elijah Zane Experience and Bombasta; Art by Jeff Hull, Gevers Art Studio, James Saldivar and many others. Pushrods Car Club showed off some very cool vintage automobiles; and there were some very interesting wood sculptures. The big deal was “Estilo in the Street” produced by Project Runway’s Wildcard Agosto Cuellar with the help of co-Producer, Mari Salinas.
For photos, goto: http://latinfusiontv.com/gallery2.html
But let’s talk about what is really important here – following your creative dreams! Gabe and I have spent many years discussing many things and following our dreams has always been a point of discussion. But what does it really mean to have dreams and how do you follow them to success? I will provide some insight here:
- Following your dreams is as important as having dreams in the first place – Having a dream is never enough, you have to act;
- The Fortune is in the Follow-up – Dreams will not come to fruition on their own;
- Be Clear on what you want to accomplish – How will you know that you have arrived if you don’t know where you are going;
- Set Goals and Objectives – Goals tell you what you want to do and objectives show you how to get there;
- Start from the Top – Work you way down, it is easier than working your way up (it is easier to move downhill);
- Determine your motives – Why are you doing what you are doing?
- Determine your audience – Who are you doing it for?
- Determine your actions – What will it take to get you there?
- Be persistent - You never know when success is around the corner;
- Keep on “Keeping on” – There is always something to be done, especially in the face of setbacks; and
- Never Give Up – speaks for itself!
I could go on ad infinitum, but I will stop with this list. Hey, dreams are what this world is made of, and there are many dreams that we will never see but it doesn’t mean that we have to quit or give up. Dreams make the world go round.
So go out and find a dream that you can hold on to then go after it like a drowning man would go after a life jacket. What do you have to lose – after all, if you reach for the stars and make touch the moon – life is not all bad!
More on this topic later!
Take care, God Bless and Cool Runnings mon – Michael