Tag: Nolan Ryan
The Rangers are Strangers, No More!
If you are not a baseball fan, then you may not know what I am talking about – so i will explain. The Texas Rangers are going to the World Series. That is the world championship of American Baseball. I know a lot of you like cricket and think that baseball is boring – and it can be – unless you played. Then it gets in you and it stays in you and you learn to appreciate the game like no other. I am a football fan first – but I love to watch baseball. And now…
Strangers no More! What does that mean? I have always called the Texas Rangers – the Texas Strangers because in all of their years as a franchise – they are one of three teams to have never made the World Series. We were, in fact, Strangers to the big dance. No More!
Texas Rangers beat the New York Yankees in the American League Championship Series, winning the Pennant. They are the American League Champions. Strangers no More! I like the sound of that. But why should you or I care? Here is why?
I can relate. I am sure that so can some of you. Here are just a few items of interest:
- Stay true to what you believe and it pays off. Michael Young has played for 11 seasons and more than 1500 games and he finally made it to the postseason and now the World Series. He is even the franchises’ all time leading hitter.
- We have to learn to trust our instincts and our teammates. In the locker room he has a sign that says: I trust my team and I trust myself.
- Surround yourself with good people and good things will happen! It takes a team to succeed. One Clydesdale can pull 2000 lbs. Two Clydesdale horses can pull 10,000. They work together.
- Give the Glory to God and to Jesus Christ. Josh Hamilton is in recovery – just like me. I struggle at times, but God still deserves the credit – I wouldn’t be coming up on 7 years clean and sober if it wasn’t for God and Jesus Christ. Period. Josh Hamilton gave the glory to God and Jesus Christ for his success.
- Work hard and it pays off! Josh is the American League Most Valuable Player. He earned it.
- Persistence pays off. Nolan Ryan is the new owner. It took him until August until the deal was done. That means he worked on the deal since Spring Training. Now he is a proud owner of a winning franchise.
- Time is a gentleman! Nolan Ryan waited 41 years to return to the World Series.
- Change can make a difference! Colby Lewis pitched a great game tonight. Since 2002, he has played with 3 different teams and even played in Japan. Now he gets a chance to play in the Big Game. Tell me that he expected this and I will call you a fibber. Even he didn’t expect this. The only thing constant is change and Change can make a difference!
- Believe. The sign reads: We Believe. The Fans, the players, the coaches and ownership all started with a belief. The belief has turned into a reality. Believe it and it will be real!
- There is always one more game to play. They haven’t won the World Series, in fact they haven’t even played Game 1 yet. So like in life – there is always one more game to play; one more thing to do and one more something to be done. Stay with it and leave the rest to God!
Hey, I wish my team well. I hope to be cheering their victory in the Series, but until then – I congratulate them on a job well done – for now.
Life will go on whether they win the series or not. I will always root for the Rangers! And I will no longer call them the Strangers! No More!
I am honored that they are from Texas and I am glad that Nolan Ryan is the owner. I watched him pitch as a kid. And now – They have earned the right to represent. I wish them all the best and I know that if they do what they did against the Yankees – I expect them to win it all! And that is worth the wait!
And the Rangers are Strangers no more!
Until the Series begins – Take care, God Bless and Cool Runnings, mon.
Michael Arellano -
email me at firstname.lastname@example.org