Tag: I love you
It’s hard to believe that we are already in February. We all know what this month means to us? That’s right – Valentines Day!
Do we actually know how St Valentine came about? How did it become one of the most major holidays in the U.S.
Some may think that it started with the Cupid? I don’t think so. To my surprise St. Valentine has been around since 269 A.D. There is great history in all this, but I’ll just get to the point.
Valentine’s Day, as we see it today, is about Romance, Love, Sweethearts, and perhaps even going to the Chapel of Love and saying those two words that become one and that show the love between two people – “I DO”
I see Valentine’s as little similar to Christmas when the shopping and planning begin all over again. This time, it has a special meaning for couples.
Which brings me to this little story that I thought was so sweet, I was visiting this jewelry store and in walks this older man with a shopping bag, and tells the sales man that he has already done his shopping for his Valentine Sweetheart, and can you believe we were still in January!
My eyes became watery, and all I could think of was – what a lucky lady to have someone who was excited to have done his shopping for the one he Loves. He did it early, on time and did not wait to the last minute. I found that to be a Blessing.
Valentines is when we should reach out and tell that special someone in our life how much they really mean to us, and how blessed we are to have one another and to appreciate each other.
Sure, we women love Roses, Romantic Dinners, Lingerie, Chocolate covered strawberry’s, and just to be pampered on that One Special night, but this is all materialistic.
To me, and I hope to you, it is the words that people share, words full of pure love – this is what we should treasure and hold close to our heart. The rest, and I repeat, is materialistic.
But don’t get me wrong I won’t turn down the gifts. I am not that crazy!
Thought I’d add a little Humor. But seriously Ladies, just like we wonder what kind of special evening our significant other has planned for us, they wonder the same.
You would be surprise how men expect a romantic evening, and please don’t forget their gift. Trust me I know!
I find Valentine’s Day to be very exciting, I enjoy watching everyone at the store looking for that special card with those perfect words.
We know that every Flower shop is busy trying to make those deliveries on time, and the restaurants are preparing for the right setting to add that special romantic touch for every couple.
So with all this said and done I want to say to all you Love Birds: “The way you embrace each other today and especially tonight there is one thing you may want to remember – that Valentines Day does not have to end at midnight.”
Keep that flame burning and Cupid’s arrows flying; continue to embrace each other and tell each other everyday those three special words: “I Love You!”
Have a Blessed Day and Happy Valentines To each and every one of You!
Till next time, support each other and most of all, Respect each other.
From My Heart filled with LOVE:
Brandy Lopez – “I Walk By Faith and Not by Sight!”
Just a quick note to apologize for not getting this out on the day celebrated as Father’s Day! But if you are a dad, every day is Father’s Day, we just get special recognition on this day.
A few notes on what it means to be a parent and a father.
- It is important to set a good example as a father and to be a parent rather than a friend. That day will come. Even so, I am not sure being a friend is as important as being a father.
- Teaching responsibility is very important, including the little things that can mean so much;
- Teaching children about choices is more important, along with the consequences of bad choices;
- Learning about the consequences of actions is important also, but it is wise to teach about our part of any situation – it is easy to play the victim, but it is difficult to stop, look and see what part i had to do with anything – it teaches the following -
- Accountability – i didn’t do it, it wasn’t my fault – perhaps, but in most cases, we had some part to play – like choosing to hang with that group, etc…
- God sometimes does things that make no sense – and it is difficult to try to figure God out, so don’t – just look to God for help;
- Teach them about spirituality, worship and Faith – these things will get one through the good and bad times;
- Love your children – I love both my kids and I let them know it by saying “I Love You!”;
- Being a man does not mean not showing emotion – it means knowing when to show emotion;
- Be gentle when they do wrong – yelling is not telling, telling is not teaching and teaching takes patience; and
- learn to Encourage them and impart the need to dream and be daring, enjoy life and live free…the world has enough rules in place – and there will be plenty of people to knock us down – teach them that it is not the end but a beginning;
- Teach them to stand up for themselves and not be bullies but to help and protect the weaker ones – this will go a long way….
I am learning as I go, I am not a perfect person nor the perfect dad – but my kids love me (for now, anyway) and I love them. I do the best I can and I often fail – but I do not give up and I always go to God for help…
These little things have changed my life and I often look back on my life and thank God for my dad and granddad. Some where not as fortunate as I and have still become good parents.
I just wish you all well and patience with our children – they are our future. Teach them to love and to give and the world will be a better place – I am sure of it.
Take care, God Bless and Cool Runnings, mon! Michael Arellano