Tag: i like dogs
First of all – I hope everyone is enjoying the summer break. When I was young – it meant no school; as I was in the workforce it means less traffic, but more distractions. Now that I am looking for work and clients – it means its easy to get distracted, less traffic and a chance to do something I have never done before – Dog sit. And let me tell you – it has been fun.
I like dogs. Most dogs like me ( I hav been bitten in the face by a dog) and I still like them. I like cats too, but dogs have different personalities than cats and that is what makes them interesting. If you are not a dog lover, cool with me, but they are a treat and a trip.
I am house sitting for a neighbor and they have two cool dogs, Chandler and Lilly. And those dogs have cousins – Louie and Riley. All small to medium small dogs. Ok – enough!
I get to walk the dogs and the experience has taught me a few things.
- I want to be the person these dogs think I am.
- They great me with joy when I walk in the door – I should do the same with people I like/love.
- They have taught me the great responsibility of being a pet owner – I have to follow a schedule and be disciplined.
- They get me out of me and to think about something or someone other than myself.
- They have done for me something I could not do for myself – go for a walk.
- They have taught me the importance of picking up after myself – neighbors let their dogs poop in other peoples yards and then do not pick it up – so very very uncool! I carry a bag and it don’t take much!
- They are joyful when they go outside.
- They are inquisitive and somewhat careful – two things I am working on.
- They eat when hungry and drink when thirsty – I will work through both, without tending to my own needs.
- A pissing contest is just that – a pissing contest! It is unnecessary and can get messy pretty quick.
- When I get out of hand – someone should put a diaper on me to bring me back to reality….I have to use a diaper to keep the boys from peeing everywhere and it works.
- They have taught me that it is okay to rely on others, for things I cannot do myself. And like Lilly, it is okay to speak up when I need help. She barks to let me know she gotta poop!
- Most of all – they are teaching me to be grateful – for what i have, the opportunities given to me and for my life.
The dogs are cool, they are fun – Riley will run up to you jump on your leg and push off as if she is pushing you and then she spins around. Louie, a yorkie, prances when he walks and is careful where he steps (there is a lesson there). Oh, I mean King Louie! Chandler has diabetes and a bad eye – but he loves to explore, walk and run. Sounds like me as a kid!
And what does any of this have to do with the price of tee in China, you ask?
It is a blessing from God! Seven years ago – I would have never been given this opportunity by my neighbors. Today, I am trusted enough to house sit and dog watch. The dogs love me and I made two new friends, Louie and Riley (I already new Chandler and Lilly).
But as I said, it is a blessing from God – because He says: If I can trust you with little I can trust you with much. Caring for life on any level – even a dogs life – is a responsibility given by God. It should be treated as such and appreciated for what it is – Fun!
Thank you God for my life, my family and my blessings as well as for the dogs, it has shown me that when I put you first – you help me out in even the smallest of ways….
Most of all – Thank you for my sobriety – it has given me a new lease on life and for that I am truly grateful!
Love, Peace and many blessing to you all and thanks for your comments – we read them all and appreciate them very much!
Cool Runnings mon – Michael Arellano