Tag: current events
You have heard it and maybe even said it: Blah, Blah Blah…this saying is very akin to yada, yada, yada. But what do they mean and what does it have to with anything?
Monotony, rudimentary and mundane are all words that come to mind. And the reason I write about these is to explain the process necessary to maintain a successful blog. So here goes:
- Writing is not mundane – it is a craft – and like any craft must be practiced;
- It is important to be diligent – we have up to 10,000 comments and have to go through each and every one of them and determine if they are real or fake;
- It is important follow through – I am constantly on the lookout for things to write about and we have more than 85 posts;
- Don’t give up – it took us 14 months before the blog has taken off like it has;
- Be consistent – write at least once a week;
- Use lists and tags – apparently they work;
- Have fun – writing is not a chore;
- Share that which is useful – I could write about anything but I choose to write about things that are useful to the human condition;
- Go through all the comments – we use the good, the bad and the ugly;
- Clean up the comments – some people comment and add websites that are not appropriate to our site.
We write about spiritual things, marketing ideas, personal experience and relevant topics. I do not write too much about current events because I am not the news. I could but I choose not to.
I have learned that this site does not work good with OPERA and the rss feed is at the bottom of each post. You can share what we write and please pass this forward. I don’t know what link backs, track backs or pingbacks are – but if they are good – please do so. Do not plagiarize.
We can be reached at email@example.com. I would love to communicate with you. We can be reached.
We Face book, we tweet, we have a blip.tv site (http://latinfusiontv.blip.tv/) and we welcome serious suggestions. We have a group page on Facebook as well as individual pages. We have a website with videos and photos – check us out – www.latinfusiontv.com. I will check out a website if you ask me to. It is monotonous, and rather mundane but it must be done to be successful.
You can advertise on our site but you must contact us to do so. We have more than 5000 unique visitors a month with more than 200,000 hits a month. I know that many of you put up url’s to your sites but we have been kind enough not to erase them. We do not use SEO nor will we.
We have tried to reach those of you who ask us to but you will need to put in a good email address in the comments. We will check to see if your comment has spam and we will clean it up for the rest of our audience.
I enjoy what you all have to offer – especially the funny comments that are repetitive and nonsensical – but you will never see them because I go through them all and erase the ones that do not add to the blog or to the comments.
I have thought about cheeseburgers and sausages and the media has changed and it affects the global structure as a whole. Zune is better and the ipod is great. I know that I am not responsible and you can point fingers – but please do not expect that I will put porn url’s on our site and we will be diligent to keep it clean for you.
We think up the topics ourselves and we are passionate about what we do. With that being said – yada, yada, yada and Blah, Blah, Blog away!
Take care, God Bless and Cool Runnings mon – Michael Arellano
The Rangers are Strangers, No More!
If you are not a baseball fan, then you may not know what I am talking about – so i will explain. The Texas Rangers are going to the World Series. That is the world championship of American Baseball. I know a lot of you like cricket and think that baseball is boring – and it can be – unless you played. Then it gets in you and it stays in you and you learn to appreciate the game like no other. I am a football fan first – but I love to watch baseball. And now…
Strangers no More! What does that mean? I have always called the Texas Rangers – the Texas Strangers because in all of their years as a franchise – they are one of three teams to have never made the World Series. We were, in fact, Strangers to the big dance. No More!
Texas Rangers beat the New York Yankees in the American League Championship Series, winning the Pennant. They are the American League Champions. Strangers no More! I like the sound of that. But why should you or I care? Here is why?
I can relate. I am sure that so can some of you. Here are just a few items of interest:
- Stay true to what you believe and it pays off. Michael Young has played for 11 seasons and more than 1500 games and he finally made it to the postseason and now the World Series. He is even the franchises’ all time leading hitter.
- We have to learn to trust our instincts and our teammates. In the locker room he has a sign that says: I trust my team and I trust myself.
- Surround yourself with good people and good things will happen! It takes a team to succeed. One Clydesdale can pull 2000 lbs. Two Clydesdale horses can pull 10,000. They work together.
- Give the Glory to God and to Jesus Christ. Josh Hamilton is in recovery – just like me. I struggle at times, but God still deserves the credit – I wouldn’t be coming up on 7 years clean and sober if it wasn’t for God and Jesus Christ. Period. Josh Hamilton gave the glory to God and Jesus Christ for his success.
- Work hard and it pays off! Josh is the American League Most Valuable Player. He earned it.
- Persistence pays off. Nolan Ryan is the new owner. It took him until August until the deal was done. That means he worked on the deal since Spring Training. Now he is a proud owner of a winning franchise.
- Time is a gentleman! Nolan Ryan waited 41 years to return to the World Series.
- Change can make a difference! Colby Lewis pitched a great game tonight. Since 2002, he has played with 3 different teams and even played in Japan. Now he gets a chance to play in the Big Game. Tell me that he expected this and I will call you a fibber. Even he didn’t expect this. The only thing constant is change and Change can make a difference!
- Believe. The sign reads: We Believe. The Fans, the players, the coaches and ownership all started with a belief. The belief has turned into a reality. Believe it and it will be real!
- There is always one more game to play. They haven’t won the World Series, in fact they haven’t even played Game 1 yet. So like in life – there is always one more game to play; one more thing to do and one more something to be done. Stay with it and leave the rest to God!
Hey, I wish my team well. I hope to be cheering their victory in the Series, but until then – I congratulate them on a job well done – for now.
Life will go on whether they win the series or not. I will always root for the Rangers! And I will no longer call them the Strangers! No More!
I am honored that they are from Texas and I am glad that Nolan Ryan is the owner. I watched him pitch as a kid. And now – They have earned the right to represent. I wish them all the best and I know that if they do what they did against the Yankees – I expect them to win it all! And that is worth the wait!
And the Rangers are Strangers no more!
Until the Series begins – Take care, God Bless and Cool Runnings, mon.
Michael Arellano -
email me at firstname.lastname@example.org