You have heard it and maybe even said it: Blah, Blah Blah…this saying is very akin to yada, yada, yada. But what do they mean and what does it have to with anything?
Monotony, rudimentary and mundane are all words that come to mind. And the reason I write about these is to explain the process necessary to maintain a successful blog. So here goes:
- Writing is not mundane – it is a craft – and like any craft must be practiced;
- It is important to be diligent – we have up to 10,000 comments and have to go through each and every one of them and determine if they are real or fake;
- It is important follow through – I am constantly on the lookout for things to write about and we have more than 85 posts;
- Don’t give up – it took us 14 months before the blog has taken off like it has;
- Be consistent – write at least once a week;
- Use lists and tags – apparently they work;
- Have fun – writing is not a chore;
- Share that which is useful – I could write about anything but I choose to write about things that are useful to the human condition;
- Go through all the comments – we use the good, the bad and the ugly;
- Clean up the comments – some people comment and add websites that are not appropriate to our site.
We write about spiritual things, marketing ideas, personal experience and relevant topics. I do not write too much about current events because I am not the news. I could but I choose not to.
I have learned that this site does not work good with OPERA and the rss feed is at the bottom of each post. You can share what we write and please pass this forward. I don’t know what link backs, track backs or pingbacks are – but if they are good – please do so. Do not plagiarize.
We can be reached at email@example.com. I would love to communicate with you. We can be reached.
We Face book, we tweet, we have a blip.tv site (http://latinfusiontv.blip.tv/) and we welcome serious suggestions. We have a group page on Facebook as well as individual pages. We have a website with videos and photos – check us out – www.latinfusiontv.com. I will check out a website if you ask me to. It is monotonous, and rather mundane but it must be done to be successful.
You can advertise on our site but you must contact us to do so. We have more than 5000 unique visitors a month with more than 200,000 hits a month. I know that many of you put up url’s to your sites but we have been kind enough not to erase them. We do not use SEO nor will we.
We have tried to reach those of you who ask us to but you will need to put in a good email address in the comments. We will check to see if your comment has spam and we will clean it up for the rest of our audience.
I enjoy what you all have to offer – especially the funny comments that are repetitive and nonsensical – but you will never see them because I go through them all and erase the ones that do not add to the blog or to the comments.
I have thought about cheeseburgers and sausages and the media has changed and it affects the global structure as a whole. Zune is better and the ipod is great. I know that I am not responsible and you can point fingers – but please do not expect that I will put porn url’s on our site and we will be diligent to keep it clean for you.
We think up the topics ourselves and we are passionate about what we do. With that being said – yada, yada, yada and Blah, Blah, Blog away!
Take care, God Bless and Cool Runnings mon – Michael Arellano
This blog post is directed to you – our audience. We will explain how blogging has worked for us and what it takes to make it happen. Because you have asked…
1) Thanks – We thank you for taking the time to read our blog and to share your comments with us and others.
2) Feedback – We appreciate any and all feedback – both positive and negative.
3) Free Speech – We do not censor responses or comments, UNLESS they are directed at selling something on our comment board. We will not push your products or agendas which have no bearing.
4) Patience – we cannot keep people from pushing their wares, so what is the use in getting frustrated with the continued comments selling something.
5) Diligence – Gotta keep with it. Always look for something to write about – ideas are everywhere, just gotta keep working at it.
6) Discipline – It is easy to let the day go by without writing something. It is easy to put it off until tomorrow. But tomorrow comes and goes faster than you know or expect.
7) Confidence – not being a strong writer will wear you down, especially if it is difficult to convey your ideas to paper. Do not let your confidence wain – it is your work – stand strong behind it. Who cares if you are not a good writer – at least you are writing.
8) Teamwork – Find a good editor if you need one – but make sure they keep true to your ideas.
9) Simplicity – Keep it simple. One idea to a sentence if you have to.
10) Edit – Edit your work. It won’t get better if you do not work at it and double check it.
11) Instinct – Trust your instincts if you think you have a good idea. And if you do, follow up on it so you do not lose it….
12) Stimulate – Do not write about yourself – no one cares about your Facebook day, really they don’t! Write with substance, not fluff!
Blogging takes work, Good blogging takes lots of work, but it is worth it in the end – trust me – we know – the results are the wonderful comments that you send us….and the simple fact that you even take time to read our work.
One last thing – if you really want to contact us and ask us if you can use our work, or for any reason at all – email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We cannot respond to you via WordPress – we have tried….so sorry if you do not get a response – we try.
Take care, God Bless and Cool Runnings, Mon – Michael