In the United States we celebrate Memorial Day, honoring all of those that have died in any war while serving our country. It is the ultimate sacrifice for country and it is deserving of our respect and thanks.
To all those that have died during a war – I pray and salute you for your service and sacrifice and offer prayers and thankfulness to your families.
Moreover, all that have died while serving our country whether it is called a war or not – you deserve the honor and respect given this day!
But their is more to honor on this day than those who died during war. There are those that lived through the horrors of war and have died in other ways. We are talking about the death of innocence, death of spirit and death of faith in God and fellow man.
The horrors of war are something that I cannot imagine. I, we, in the United States are blessed to not have to see the ravages of war on a daily basis. Yes we have seen it in my lifetime – through terrorism or gunmen gone wild – but as a whole we are blessed.
Therefore, I take this time to honor all of the families of the loved ones who have lost their lives due to the atrocities of man, both here and abroad and wartime or not.
We should live in a world filled with peace and harmony, but we do not.
There is always the quest for more land, wealth and resources or just to push our cause or our weight around – and people will do whatever it takes to gain more of these things. And people and countries will have to fight to defend the freedom of humanity from the tyrannies of the greedy or the atrocities of man.
When I think of ideological and material pursuit of more – I am brought to one mindful thought – that man was made to love, not to gain as much as he can at the expense of others.
There is enough land, resources, food, gold, oil, and natural resources to feed, help and provide for the world over and over, yet the few control the many. There is more wealth in the top 5% of the world’s rich than in the other 95% combined. Sad but true.
So for those that have died during war, your sacrifice is not forgotten and in fact, I honor you with prayer and humility for the freedom you have provide me and this great nation. Thank you so much.
But for the so many that die on a daily basis, without losing their lives, but instead their dignity, integrity, innocence, hope and faith – I pray for you too, as I have been there.
I pray for the world that we can come together and find a solution not driven by greed, but by love. A love that means dying – dying to self for the benefit of another. Not the death of another for the benefit of me.
This is an area that I struggle, but as the tears rolled down my face today – I realized that this is the war I fight daily. The war between good and bad, right and wrong, anger and patience, love and fear.
I must pray for myself and those that struggle with the same battle, praying for courage to do or say the right thing, to be patient, loving, kind and compassionate – for the war that wages within my soul is enough to destroy me and those around me – taking from me the very gifts that God has given.
I must be wise to be sure and be loving to find the cure of this ill that awaits my life without prayer and gratitude.
So again, as I fight my war and battle with my demons – I know this much – that I cannot do it alone and must ask for the help of God. And meanwhile, I pray for those that have died on the battlefield of life, as well as on the battlefield of war – I pray that we all find the love that God has shown us and the gratitude of those that have died for us – mainly Jesus!
May the Lord be with you this day, as we remember the death others faced for the lives left behind.
May God Bless all our troops – both near and far away!
Take care, God Bless and Cool Runnings, mon – Michael