Super Bowl XLVI (46) has come and gone! The New york Giants are World champs once again. The game itself is the most watched event in the world – with larger audiences than the World Cup! Giants vs Patriots – who did you like? What did you learn? Let me dish it out!
Super models are not super spokesmen – that is for sure! Giselle should have been quiet! The players are pros and she is a pro but she should have been less vocal. What do you think?
Games are games and fun is fun – but the Bowl is the game of all games – and guess what? I have watched almost every Super bowl since I was 5 years old – Dallas Cowboys vs Baltimore Colts – with the exception of a couple. I almost never miss it as I am as old as the Super Bowl itself. It is the only Championship game that I look forward to. I am a football fan first – then I have my teams. None of my teams made the Super Bowl this year!
I was hoping for a Harbaugh Bowl myself – especially since the Cowboys blew their chances this season… And since none of my yearlong picks came to fruition – I settled for what was supposed to be a great game. I was disappointed only because it didn’t play out the way it could have – but i did learn some things along the way and i want to pass them along here. This is what I learned:
- The super bowl is a good game but can still be boring super – because, it can be boring; but here is the rest; see the end -
- You can be down – but don’t count yourself out – Look at the Giants;
- Do not underestimate your age – Tom Coughlin is the oldest coach to win the Super Bowl;
- Analysts and naysayers are only guessing – all the analysis and guessing are speculation – they do not determine the outcome;
- Even the best in the world can make mistakes – Tom Brady, one of the best to play the game, made a mistake on his first play from scrimmage;
- You have to make plays – especially when it counts;
- Mistakes don’t cost you the game – even with the early mistake – the Patriots had a chance;
- Mistakes will cost you the game – you have to make a play, especially when it counts – Hernandez and Welker dropped critical passes late in the game;
- It is just a game – just like the game of life,
- Sloppy is still compelling – good game, boring and sloppy, but went down to the wire;
- Losing, like failure, is an event – losing and failing are events, and does not define who you are:
- If you do your best – you still might come up short;
- You gotta make plays – you may make the difference in the outcome;
- It still “ain’t nothing but a football game” – we place way too much emphasis on the Super Bowl – it is just a game;
- Games matter – it pays too take your fun serious – ask the Patriots;
- Winning counts – ask the Giants;
- If you are a supermodel, it is best to be seen and not heard – much like children – it is best to be seen and not heard!;
- The Super Bowl is the greatest game to watch - According to the Nielsen Company, more than 110 million people watched Super Bowl XLVI – http://w.po.st/share/entry/redir?publisherKey=Inquisitr.com-607&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.inquisitr.com%2F191129%2Fsuper-bowl-xlvi-was-the-most-watched-show-in-us-history%2F&title=Super%20Bowl%20XLVI%20The%20Most%20Watched%20Show%20in%20US%20History&sharer=copypaste
- if you have to rely on a prayer -it will be answered – just not the way you want – see hail mary pass;
- There are more important things in life – ask Payton;
- The game is a blast – watch it and see’
- You can bond with family – ask my 10 year old daughter – our first together!
The game is great – the Super Bowl is greater and there is lots to learn – but you must learn to appreciate the fact that it is just a game and that life is just a game also.
Have fun Play hard and dammit – catch the friggin ball! or risk losin it all!
Be blessed and dish it out yourself – Sid